Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgnewf

ThisIsAnfield Suicide watch

2,915 posts in this topic

ThisIsAnfield Suicide watch ThisIsAnfield Suicide watch ThisIsAnfield Suicide watch Six wins five losses on the season... Two red cards today...Benayoun not even looking at Rafa on the way off the pitch. Torres off... I really fear for Anfield's sanity and life after today.

TIA, It is very hard for me to help you with regards to this "Liverpool thing", but the good news is if LFC win when you go over, it really will be a big deal! Sorry that is the best I can do... ;) edit: I know there are MANY other LFC supporters on this board, but since the thread was looking at helping only one, I thought I should give him my best...

Edited by ColinTFC

TIA, It is very hard for me to help you with regards to this "Liverpool thing", but the good news is if LFC win when you go over, it really will be a big deal! Sorry that is the best I can do... ;) edit: I know there are MANY other LFC supporters on this board, but since the thread was looking at helping only one, I thought I should give him my best...
:(

:(
;) Of course I send my best to you too Chief! Way to many LFC supporters to start listing them... How about this for consolation... Nobody named "TFCtoLFC" on this board... I can tell you that that would just take embarrassing to a new level... :ph43r: B-)

Rafa's maddening sub choices yesterday probably left more then a few red Scouser followers on suicide watch. The hilarious thing is, as bad as their season as been so far, they're still only in 6th place, a mere point behind Man City for the magical 4th spot. So while I think the league title is a long shot at the moment, their position in the league isn't as tragic as it seems. Man Blue just tied their fourth league game in a row at Birmingham, while the Spuds have lost a couple in a row, and everyone else around them have also been inconsistent, which does (sorta) show why Rafa views Wednesday's game as more vital than the league game just concluded. ...except that if he felt that way, he should've started one or both of Torres and Benayoun on the bench, played 4-5-1 or some variation of it for the first 45 minutes, kept the game level, then brought those guys on in the second half to give the team a lift. Instead he takes them out an hour and 70 minutes into the game, and psychogically gave the rest of the players the impression that they were giving the game up. Which I don't think is a good idea. And Liverpool HAVE to win at Lyon now. Essentially sacrificing even a point at Craven Cottage for just one this week in France isn't really a fair exchange, especially with the way the group sits. A healthy Aqulilani would help, and I reckon there's enough time for him to recover from his virus to start. The defense is a bigger issue though...they did a great job against Man U, but for much of the year it's been a big part of their troubles, and Lyon at home is going to be a difficult test for them.

;) Of course I send my best to you too Chief! Way to many LFC supporters to start listing them... How about this for consolation... Nobody named "TFCtoLFC" on this board... I can tell you that that would just take embarrassing to a new level... :ph43r: B-)
haha, always look on the bright side of life! Way more gutted about TFC than LFC, 6 Wins in 11 games would be marvelous for us!

haha, always look on the bright side of life! Way more gutted about TFC than LFC, 6 Wins in 11 games would be marvelous for us!
:D:D (You know I'll be supporting Lyon mid-week!)

To be fair, I think Rafa is mailing it in as of late. He's clearly not focused on the league this year, and knows his only hope of gaining employment elsewhere is by putting all of his efforts into the European campaign. His track record (30 players brought in in 5 years) speaks volumes. I think they need a manager who's capable of getting the best out of what he has. Rafa's answer to everything seems to be bringing in a new player every time the going gets tough. Losing Alonso was a massive blow, as has been obious in recent weeks. Being a Gooner, I know all to well the pain that comes with relying on one or two play-makers to see your season through... <_<

To be crazy, I think Rafa is mailing it in as of late. He's clearly been a victim of some bad fortune in the league this year, and knows to trust the judgement and intelligence that has served him so well in life and continue to focus on correcting the mistakes that have impeded our continued improvement under his management so far this campaign. His need to overhaul the sorry squad of misfits GH left him with (30 players brought in in 5 years) speaks volumes. Winning the Champions League with that who's who of ragtags testifies to his managerial capability, and although no one can predict how a new acquisition will work out due to the many factors that may contribute to a lack of success after a move to a new club, I think they need to stand by a manager who's capable of getting the best out of what he has and continue to afford him the power to make such decisions with confidence. "Rafa's answer to everything seems to be bringing in a new player every time the going gets tough" is a criticism only the severely misinformed would make. Especially considering all of the transfer activity we were a part of in the summer and last January. Last summer at that. Losing Alonso was a massive blow and would have been to any club on the planet, though two season ago few would have agreed with that statement. Regardless, the fact that Real Madrid have been absolutely flawless in all aspects of their game and not lost a single match yet testifies to the fact that a team can not fail with Alonso in the side. ;) Being a Gooner, I know far too little, but all too well the pain that comes with relying on one or two play-makers to see your season through...thank God intelligible LFC fans such as Anfield don't see their circumstances as such and haven't even looked for the panic button this season. <_<
Fixed and ratified with sensibility. ;) (Nothing personal choosing your post, Ross. You are a smart guy in non-LFC matters, share the same silly misconceived sentiments most outsiders currently do of our team, and have a good grasp of syntax, so you gave me something to work with, that's all. :) ) Lyon will be a big encounter for us. Not just because we certainly appear to need the win to progress right now, but also because they are in a bad state and should be as succeptable as every believes we are. It looks bad around LFC right now, but none of our players have tried to physically hit Rafa like at St. Etienne on the weekend... Turn around our CL fortunes and reduce the gap to 3-5 points by Christmas: both reasonable expectations for this side and in my honest if not hopeful opinion completely fathomable. Our manager is still the most gifted footballing brain around right now and positively the right man to lead us. We didn't entice him to create this project and fulfill our ambitions of being a side that wins a title and competes for things. We wanted to return to the dominance we were accustomed to, winning year in year out. I do not harbour doubts that we won't be able to do so under Benitez, there is no conceivable reason to. These footballing genius-type guys take time to implement their methods (don't make me remind you of the "first 200 matches" records being bandied about lately) and overhauling a scouting staff, executive rank, academy setup, and the entire 1st team squad save for 3-5 players was no simple project. It's taken time and rediculous effort, especially amidst an ownership change. We're well on our way though. Rafa was just on such a clip that too many people, myself included, thought we'd be completely indomitable this season. Dissenters didn't give us a chance in August because their "realism" was derived of synicism and born of resentment, but it was never going to be easy this season. I know we will have a say in things yet, though. In the end, don't worry about me. I am ever the optimist. Put Ronnie Whelan on suicide watch. His words this morning need institutionalizing. Me, I'll be patiently awaiting the return of good fortune and the results that reflect them.

Surgery for SG and FT! Liverpool duo face surgery
Ouch... Looks like it's time for Voronin to step out of a 1980's hair-band and on to the pitch. Really though, depth isn't the issue here, it's consistancy. Look at the number of forwards they have: N'Gog (best name ever...besides Sanchez Watt), Kuyt, Eccleston, Babel and Voronin. The problem is - with the exception of Voronin - there are no natural strikers in that group. With Gerrard out as well, one has to wonder where the goals are going to come from. I haven't even touched on their defensive plight because I think that speaks for itself. As much as I know that Jamie Carragher is a Kop legend, you can't help but think that he's lost his legs. He also looks like he's been sneaking a pie or 10 before training lately which doesn't help things. It's also worth noting that the official who so carelessly brandished both red cards last weekend has been demoted to 4th official for this weekends fixtures. I've never really had a problem with Liverpool and quite enjoy watching them when they're at the top of their game. The one decent bit of knews that's come out of all this tragedy is the fact that Reina wants to commit himself for the long run... Edited by Ross

:lol:

Thats not cool...
But it was funny. Look at the positive, if you're the victim of some good-natured joke like that around here, it means you're pretty much in. Now get your coat, Manc. :lol:

But it was funny. Look at the positive, if you're the victim of some good-natured joke like that around here, it means you're pretty much in. Now get your coat, Manc. :lol:
I assume it was good-natured so can't complain about that, sorry abut your Liverpool but on the bright side Rafa is making every other EPL team happy. As for DarkMetal, shut up.

This season so far is brutal. Can't defend Benitez, not good. They looked better than I though they would in Lyon but again, a TFC moment. Sometimes Benitez cuts off his nose to spite his face. Its infuriating and has cost LFC dearly at times. After the uplifting win against Man U we go down other side of the hill that bottomed out in Fulham, London. Poor. Right now, I find it hard to believe they could be better than Chelsea or Arsenal but obviously we can easily match United on their day. The rest will prove as usual, to be also rans for the CL.

Currently drawn level with Birmingham in the 45th minute of play. Oh, and it looks like Riera is hurt... Sooooo, when's the intervention?! :ph43r: