mitchtfc

Last Movie You Watched

1,478 posts in this topic

:ph43r: I believe it was Bruno. Nope, I lied, Nick and Nora's Infinite Play list- AMAZING!

Edited by Mel

Star Trek XXI on the plane ride home. It was pretty good....I'm surprised I didn't see any threads about it on here. :ph43r:

Star Trek XXI on the plane ride home. It was pretty good....I'm surprised I didn't see any threads about it on here. :ph43r:
Yeah it was a really good movie...I also saw it on a plane ride home funny enough

The International with Clive Owen. Crap. It was all over the place. I'm about to watch Public Enemies. In 3,2,1...

The new Piven movie, "The Goods". Mediocre at best, but not as bad as some of the ratings I've seen online. Also District 9 this weekend as well. Great idea, very original, I just couldn't get into it.

I Love You Man
Was it any good? I've been thinking of checking it out.

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. Because I fell asleep watching it in a hotel room earlier in the year. S.

I've been on a foreign movie kick lately. The last one was Der Baader Meinhof Komplex I've watched only five German movies, and except one (Good Bye Lenin!) all of them have had a significant overlap in cast. I'd be surprised all the actors are not within two degrees of separation from each other.

I Love You Man
i'm slappin' de beeyaass funny, although not my favorite paul rudd charachter.

It has it's moments, I enjoyed it. It's not over the top humor as other movies Rudd and Segal have done in the past.

Jay, Tibor, and I all saw it when it came out in April I think. I liked it a lot, although it's not as good as past comedies. Big fan of Jason Segel so I enjoy most all of his movies.

"Talk To Me" - it was just on SuperChannel. The true life story of Ralph Waldo "Petey" Greene Jr. (played by Don Cheadle) In the mid-to-late 1960s, in Washington, D.C., vibrant soul music and exploding social consciousness were combining to unique and powerful effect. It was the place and time for Petey to fully express himself - sometimes to outrageous effect - and "tell it like it is." With the support of his irrepressible and tempestuous girlfriend Vernell, the newly minted ex-con talks his way into an on-air radio gig. He forges a friendship and a partnership with fellow prison inmate Milo's brother Dewey Hughes. From the first wild morning on the air, Petey relies on the more straight-laced Dewey to run interference at WOL-AM, where Dewey is the program director. At the station, Petey becomes an iconic radio personality, surpassing even the established popularity of his fellow disc jockeys, Nighthawk and Sunny Jim. Combining biting humor with social commentary, Petey openly courts controversy for station owner E.G. Sonderling. Petey was determined to make not just himself but his community heard during an exciting and turbulent period in American history. As Petey's voice, humor, and spirit surge across the airwaves with the vitality of the era, listeners tune in to hear not only incredible music but also a man speaking directly to them about race and power in America like few people ever have. Through the years, Petey's "The truth just is" style --- on - and off-air - would redefine both Petey and Dewey, and empower each to become the man he would most like to be.

"Talk To Me" - it was just on SuperChannel. The true life story of Ralph Waldo "Petey" Greene Jr. (played by Don Cheadle) In the mid-to-late 1960s, in Washington, D.C., vibrant soul music and exploding social consciousness were combining to unique and powerful effect. It was the place and time for Petey to fully express himself - sometimes to outrageous effect - and "tell it like it is." With the support of his irrepressible and tempestuous girlfriend Vernell, the newly minted ex-con talks his way into an on-air radio gig. He forges a friendship and a partnership with fellow prison inmate Milo's brother Dewey Hughes. From the first wild morning on the air, Petey relies on the more straight-laced Dewey to run interference at WOL-AM, where Dewey is the program director. At the station, Petey becomes an iconic radio personality, surpassing even the established popularity of his fellow disc jockeys, Nighthawk and Sunny Jim. Combining biting humor with social commentary, Petey openly courts controversy for station owner E.G. Sonderling. Petey was determined to make not just himself but his community heard during an exciting and turbulent period in American history. As Petey's voice, humor, and spirit surge across the airwaves with the vitality of the era, listeners tune in to hear not only incredible music but also a man speaking directly to them about race and power in America like few people ever have. Through the years, Petey's "The truth just is" style --- on - and off-air - would redefine both Petey and Dewey, and empower each to become the man he would most like to be.
Saw a bit of it at my barber a few months back, didn't know what it was called. Thanks!
1 person likes this

Takashi Miike's Audition , starts off as a romantic drama , and shifts into high gear into a psychological thriller gorefest . :ph43r:

Do miniseries' count as movies? Band of Brothers - Day of Days episode. :wub:

Edited by TheHollister

Takashi Miike's Audition , starts off as a romantic drama , and shifts into high gear into a psychological thriller gorefest . :ph43r:
Miike is the King.