Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Enterprise Captain

The Star Trek Thread

454 posts in this topic

So did they ever play Soccer on Star Trek? I remember Baseball and Yoga and maybe Water Polo...
I dunno but Alan Shepard played golf on the moon moon-shepard-golf-bg.jpg

Good question.. i'd like to know which sports were popular with cling-ons.. cricket? mud wrestling?
When Worf was a child he killed a human kid going in for a challenge while playing soccer. /Star Trek Nerd, but nowhere near Enterprise Captain levels.

why couldn't we keep postin in the other star trek thread?
Well I decided to make a general Star Trek thread because the other thread went all over the place but it had a specific title. So this is the new all about Star Trek thread.
Good question.. i'd like to know which sports were popular with cling-ons.. cricket? mud wrestling?
Klingons prefer targ hunting.
When Worf was a child he killed a human kid going in for a challenge while playing soccer. /Star Trek Nerd, but nowhere near Enterprise Captain levels.
I'm not sure how to take that but I'm going to go with complement. Also you're right about the soccer reference it was mentioned in the episode "Family." Edited by Enterprise Captain

Well I decided to make a general Star Trek thread because the other thread went all over the place but it had a specific title. So this is the new all about Star Trek thread. I'm not sure how to take that but I'm going to go with complement. Also you're right about the soccer reference it was mentioned in the episode "Family."
Did he get a yellow for that?

Did he get a yellow for that?
Nah, the ref was Benito Archundia XII, and Worf was playing for the Ukrainian U-17 side against Canada.
1 person likes this

finally saw the trailer where a very young TJ Hooker, jumps out of a Corvette before it flies off the cliff...very cool I haven't been this excited since I saw the prem of ST6 at the Eglinton Theatre. The best part was when a pickup truck full of hillbillies drove by and yelled out "Nerds" to all of us standing in line. Luckily, I was a plainclothes nerd that day; no Andorian or Ferengi outfit pour mois.

I saw the trailer..it seems alright but i have one question where the fvck's Chewbacca? :angry: ...... oh i didn't :ph43r:
They offered him a part in the movie but his schedule conflicted with a previous commitment: chewbacca-pitching.jpg

kirk.jpgFox Theater will be screening ST Trek II: The Wrath of Khan on Tuesday January 20th at 7:00pm.
wicked. they never appear on screen together. it's all video conferencing. fav line: "I'm laughing at the superior intellect."

wicked. they never appear on screen together. it's all video conferencing. fav line: "I'm laughing at the superior intellect."
How ironic and sad that Khan himself, the best Star Trek villian ever IMHO died today..... RIP to the superior intellect. LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Ricardo Montalban, best known as the mysterious Mr. Roarke on the popular television series "Fantasy Island," died on Wednesday at the age of 88, a Los Angeles city official said. Mexican-born Montalban had a long career in entertainment but found broad fame as the star of ABC's "Fantasy Island" in which he fulfilled the dreams of his guests with the help of his sidekick, Tattoo. He was also known during the 1970s as a TV spokesman for Chrysler and played the villain in "Star Trek," both on television and in a feature film. wrath_of_khan.gif Edited by bgnewf

Mexican-born Montalban had a long career in entertainment but found broad fame as the star of ABC's "Fantasy Island" in which he fulfilled the dreams of his guests with the help of his sidekick, Tattoo. He was also known during the 1970s as a TV spokesman for Chrysler and played the villain in "Star Trek," both on television and in a feature film.
Christ, I rememeber watching Fantasy Island. His hispanic accented mention of "soft Corinthian leather" in that Chrysler commercial, sold a million cars on its own. Vaya con Dios, hombre. Edited by alpha

I am sooooo sad about him dying
It is sad news and I have to agree with you Khan was the greatest Star Trek villain yet even though he wore a plastic chest piece to look ripped. The nice thing is Ricardo Montalban will live on threw the work he has left behind and people will still feel the wrath of Khan for generations to come. Don't forget this coming Tuesday January 20th at 7:00pm Fox Theater will be screening Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. EDIT: Apperently I stand corrected about the prosthetic chest in ST:II. I never really did any research on this topic but one day when I was watching ST:II for the, I don't know I lost count but well more then 20th time I thought I noticed that Mr. Montalban's chest was a prosthetic and I asked myself how I never noticed that before. Apparently though I was right not to notice it the 20 something times before because the official word from director Nicholas Meyer is "That is his real chest. That's the question I'm asked most frequently about 'Star Trek II.' It was his chest!" Edited by Enterprise Captain

Here are some more photos of the Star Trek Barbie figures that reveal more details of the new props. mat_b_accessories_tt.jpg And here is Playmates line of toys for the new movie also revealing a little bit more about the new communicator.

Here are some more photos of the Star Trek Barbie figures that reveal more details of the new props. mat_b_accessories_tt.jpg And here is Playmates line of toys for the new movie also revealing a little bit more about the new communicator.
Tibor, will these be the first Barbie's you have in your collection? Don't lie!

Tibor, will these be the first Barbie's you have in your collection? Don't lie!
I never got this set: Barbie%20Star%20Trek%20doll.jpg So I don't think I'll be getting the new ones.